I’m not much for holiday decor (other than at Christmas time). I can hardly keep the toilet bowls scrubbed, much less create elaborate decorations for every holiday. I was quite impressed with myself when I put together a little Valentine’s Day craft this week. Got 10 bucks? Got 10 minutes? Then you can create your own!
Here’s what you will need:
- Small Clear Command Strips (you can also use nails but I didn’t want to damage the wall for a temporary hanging)
- Mini Clothespins
- Natural Twine
- Heart-shaped Doilies (I actually found mine at the grocery store of all places)
- Personal Photos
- Favorite Scripture Passage
This project is pretty self-explanatory, but here are the steps for those of you who like to follow the rules:
- Hang clear command strips on the wall.
- Tie twine to the hooks. Make sure there is a little slack in the twine, but not too much.
- Arrange photos on top of doilies and attach to twine with mini clothespin.
- Write out your favorite scripture passage on a contrasting color of paper. I used a silver paint pen on dark gray paper.
- Clip your scripture passage to the center of the twine.
Here is the finished product:
I hung the banners above our kitchen table. It just adds a little happy to our bare walls!
Here are some additional ideas for variations:
- Use red and white baker’s twine instead of natural twine
- Hang Valentine’s Day Cards from the twine instead of photos
- Experiment with different scrap book papers or basic white doilies that you may already have on hand
- Use a favorite line of poetry instead of scripture
Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day?